Sunday, February 7, 2010

My thoughts on Honesty

I have long been a believer in the virtue of Honesty. Honesty is a fundamental. The importance of being honest with yourself and being true to your own nature is paramount. I can't imagine living my life knowing that I was doing anything else. If you can't be honest with yourself, how could you expect anyone to believe anything you say?

I don't remember the last time I openly told a lie. I do remember the feeling I had when I was caught doing it. It was not pleasant. Even if I bought into the concept of blaming others for my own actions, I wouldn't have been able to. Nope, it was all on me. The person I had lied to knew it and I could feel their respect for me swirling down the drain. Yeah. Not the kind of thing that gives you warm fuzzies. Lying is a quick way to lose a friend. Being honest is a good way to gain one.

Be honest with yourself. Be honest with others. You will genuinely be a better person for it.

The question today is: How would you describe your relationship with honesty?

No comments:

Post a Comment